Nick is interested in the topic areas of land use/land cover change; human-environment interactions; GIScience; and conservation/development, as well as the Geography of Adventure.
Dr. Kohler's regional focus has been on the countries of mainland Southeast Asia, and on the west of the US and Canada.
He teaches courses in remote sensing, geospatial data science, and human-environment relations. His research concerns natural and cultural world heritage management and conservation, land use change related to economic development, environmental monitoring with remotely sensed data, crowdsourced database development and mapping, and the geography of outdoor adventure sports.
- Human Environment
- Geog 199: Hike, Bike, Skate, Surf, Ski: The Geography of Adventure Sports
- Geog 208: Geography of Canada and the United States
- Geog 461/561: Environment Alteration
- Geospatial Techniques
- Geog 181: Our Digital Earth
- Geog 481/581: GIScience 1
- Geog 482/582: GIScience 2
- Geog 491/591: Advanced GIS: Python Programming
- Geog 485/585: Remote Sensing 1
- Geog 486/586: Remote Sensing 2