Trussell Family Scholarship
The Trussell Family Scholarship is awarded to students based on academic merit and interest in a career serving humanity. Consideration is also given to financial need. The award will be $2,000 if one student is selected, or $1,000 if two students share it.
Your application must include the following:
1. A completed application cover sheet, available here;
2. A current University transcript (unofficial OK);
3. A paper or research project (e.g. map, poster, etc.) that was either:
- written or created for a course taught by a UO Geography faculty member during the last two years (2018-2019 or 2019-2020), OR
- created as part of a geography faculty-led research project (2018-2020).
4. A statement (no more than 2 pages, double-spaced) addressing your geographical education in relation to your career goals, as well as your financial need.
A completed application must be delivered to the Department of Geography office (107 Condon) by Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 5:00p.m. or emailed by the same time to email@example.com. Applicants will be notified by May 4th.
(Click for an enlarged version of award flier)
Contacts: Dr. Leslie McLees, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartography
Bill Loy Award For Excellence in Cartography
Academic Year 2019–2020
The Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartography is given annually to a deserving graduate or undergraduate geography student at the University of Oregon.
The award amount is $1,000.
Students will submit a cartographic or visualization product and a written statement.
Student must be an undergraduate majoring in Geography, or Spatial Data Science and Technology, or a Geography graduate student at the University of Oregon.
Submissions must include the following:
A 250-word statement explaining the significance of the design and clearly articulates your role in developing the product.
For map products designed for print email a PDF of the product (or a download link if too large) and your statement to:email@example.com
A printed copy of the map product is not required or accepted this year.
For web maps, e-mail a link to your product with your statement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: April 23, 2020
The award will be announced during the spring term.
(Click for enlarged version of award flier)