We hope that you can join us for a celebration of your accomplishments at the Geography Commencement Ceremony.
Monday, June 19th
Memorial Quad (lawn between Condon and Chapman)
For information about the UO Commencement Ceremony, Monday, June 19th at 9:00 am at Matthew Knight Arena, click here.
Also on the university page is a link to the Be an Oregon Duck commencement app, which will provide you with a schedule, maps, to-do lists, announcements and more.
The 2016 Grad Fair at the Duckstore will be during week 2 of Spring Term. There you can order regalia, cards, diploma frames, and soooo much more. I will post a link when the information becomes available.
To RSVP for the ceremony, please complete this form by Friday, May 26th, 2017so we can estimate attendance.
Undergraduates can walk in the Geography commencement ceremony if:
1. You have 12 or fewer credits left after Spring term, or
2. You expect to finish over the summer, or
3. You have been cleared to walk by the Geography Department.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, please email Dr. Leslie McLees at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate students may walk if they have been cleared by their advisor.
Commencement Information and Instructions
- Geography graduates – PLEASE gather no later than 11:30 am to pick up your name cards. A Geography department staff member will be at a table south of the steps to hand out the cards.
- Graduates will be seated in the front rows, which will be marked off as reserved
- The ceremony will feature short speeches by the department head and invited guest speakers. This will be followed by the presentation of geography department awards and diploma covers.
- We will have a program that includes a list of this year’s graduates.
- Light refreshments will be served after the ceremony during an open house in the Geography department. You can show your family around, meet faculty, and show off what you’ve been up to.
- The ceremony will be held on the lawn east of Condon Hall, RAIN or SHINE
For information on parking and shuttles around the university, click here
- During the ceremony there will be a professional photographer to take pictures of you as you receive your diploma and afterwards. You will be able to go to GradImages.com, enter your name and school, and you can pull up the photos and order them.
- Your diploma will be mailed to you about six weeks after you graduate, regardless of the term you finish, assuming all requirements have been met.
- Stay in touch! Let us know how you are doing!