#WWGD – Explore. Geography.
What Would a Geographer Do?
Join the Department of Geography for their “Explore Geography” Open House on Thursday, November 5th from 3:30-5:00pm in and around Condon Hall.
We will showcase the various research activities in the department, with displays and lab tours, and highlight opportunities that being a part of the geography community affords.
We especially invite alumni in town for Homecoming to attend!
Come by the department Open House to see:
- The cataraft used by river researchers
- A heli-kite that can feed aerial footage back to the ground
- An unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) used for capturing footage over larger areas
- The InflatoGlobe – a map of the world that you can go inside – take a selfie, leave a comment..
- Lake cores under a microscope
- Tours of the Infographics Lab and the Spatial Computation, Cognition & Complexity (S3C) Lab
- The Geography Club table, and what they are doing this year
- A jobs in Geography table, staffed with people who have had experience in the professional world
- A screening of Troubled Waters: Costa Rica’s Rio Pacuare, a film by PhD Candidate Denielle Perry
- A photo voice exhibit of research on the experiences of urban farmers in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Food! Door Prizes! Swag!
- …and more!