Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartography – Submission Deadline: May 8th, 2015
The Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartography is given annually to a deserving graduate or undergraduate geography student at the University of Oregon. The award amount is $1,000.
Students will submit a cartographic or visualization product and a written statement.
Entrant must be:
An undergraduate or graduate student majoring in geography at the UO
Entrant will submit:
– A 500 to 1,000 word statement explaining the significance of the design that clearly articulates the student’s role in developing the product is a requirement.
– For printed map products:
1) submit two printed full size copies of the map product and
2) email a PDF of the product to email@example.com
– For web maps submit a link to your product.
Submit entry to:
– Loy Award Committee, Department of Geography, 107 Condon Hall
Submission Deadline: May 8th, 2015 (new deadline)
The Award will be announced during Spring Quarter.