Trussell Family Scholarship
The Trussell Family Scholarship is awarded to students based on academic merit and interest in a career serving humanity. Consideration is also given to financial need. The award will be $2,000 if one student is selected, or $1,000 if two students share it.
Your application must include the following:
1. A completed application cover sheet, available in the main Geography Office (Condon 107);
2. A current University transcript;
3. A paper or class project (i.e. map, poster) written or created in a course taught by a UO Geography professor during the last two years OR created as part of a Geography faculty-led research project during the last two years;
4. A statement (no more than 2 pages, double-spaced) addressing your geographical education in relation to your career goals, as well as your financial need.Click here for more information on the 2013 Trussell Scholarship.
Bill Loy Award for Cartographic Excellence and Geographic Visualization
The Bill Loy Award for Excellence in Cartographic Design and Geographic Visualization is given annually to a deserving graduate or undergraduate geography student at the University of Oregon. The award amount is $1,000.
Students will submit a cartographic or visualization product and a written statement.
Entrant must be:
An undergraduate or graduate student majoring in geography at the UO.
Entrant will submit:
- A 500 - 1,000 word statement explaining the significance of the design that clearly articulates the student’s role in developing the product is a requirement.
- For printed map products, submit two printed full size copies of the map product and email a PDF of the product to email@example.com (a CD-ROM containing a PDF version of the entry is acceptable if the PDF is too large to email).
- For digital map products, submit a CD-ROM containing the executable file of their product.
Submit entry to:
- Loy Award Committee, Department of Geography, 107 Condon Hall.
Amy Lobben, firstname.lastname@example.org
James E. Meacham, email@example.com